Founded by Don O. Good, Sr., in 1941 in Monterey, Good Oil Co. was involved mainly in the sale and delivery of petroleum products to farm and home heat customers. Don became a Standard Oil/Amoco jobber and continued to grow the business until retirement in 1978. His two sons, Don and Dean, assumed operation of the company and, in 1980, relocated the business to its current headquarters north of Winamac. Eventually, Don and Dean entered into the convenience-store business and have enjoyed steady growth over the years; Good Oil Company, Inc., now owns or operates 20 retail locations and supplies 76 dealer locations. These sites are under the BP, CITGO, Marathon and Phillips 66 brands. Additionally, the company still provides bulk-delivery services. Good Oil currently employs 50 people in Pulaski County alone.