Job Description: Responds to emergency medical emergencies, rides in vehicle to scene, treats, stabilizes patients and assists in transporting most appropriate medical facility.
• • Monitors patient vital signs using Basic and Advanced Life Support techniques (based upon level of care) while en route to medical facilities including performing emergency medical procedures when necessary. (According to guidelines established by the State of Indiana, Emergency Medical Service Commission, and Pulaski County EMS Protocols.)
• Responds to calls requesting transferring of patients from one medical facility to another.
• Maintains appearance and serviceability of department vehicle, maintains inventory, repairs and replaces equipment as necessary.
• Completes required reports regarding EMS patients, accidents, investigations and equipment checks.
• Participates in in-service training for EMS and other training provided by local hospitals.
• Performs regular station clean-up duties, cleans and maintains uniform and personal equipment regularly.
Salary: $15.33/hr; 24/48 hour rotation with overtime (about $55,000/year)
Completed applications can be submitted to the Pulaski County EMS 606 W Summit Winamac Indiana 46996. Emailed to email@example.com or Faxed 574-946-0363. The Pulaski County Application for Employment is available online or can be obtained at the EMS office.
Pulaski County EMS is composed of 12 full-time and 16 part-time employees that man 2 full-time ALS units with an occasional third ALS unit to cover a ~400-square-mile area. We have a fleet of 4 ambulances that provide 911 coverage to approximately 12,000 residents in Pulaski County. We are looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work to join our team. We have a low call volume with excellent equipment including AVL mapping software in the trucks for mapping and satellite imagery. We also have an in-house training institution that holds classes for EMR, EMT, and Advanced EMT as well as many other training opportunities.
Pulaski County is an equal-opportunity employer.
Pulaski County Emergency Medical Services
|Education Requirements||Qualifications: Current Indiana Paramedic License AHA Healthcare Provider CPR AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider PHTLS (preferred, but not required), PEPP or PALS|
|Key Contact||Brandon DeLorenzo, Director|