On 5 October 2010, the CDC unveiled a new economic-development strategic plan, Pulaski County: Mapping a Path Forward at a public hearing in Winamac. Developed from the input of local stakeholders, and formed through the efforts of a respected consulting firm the plan outlines the steps Pulaski County needs to take to become a more viable, healthy economic community. The plan was funded through a grant from the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs.
The plan focuses on:
- The Pulaski County Economy
- Community Benchmarking
- Alignment of Workforce with Economic Development Initiatives
- Impact of Property Tax Reform
- County Target Industry Sector
- Real Estate Development and Redevelopment Strategy
- Pulaski County Performance Measurements
Key Action Steps are provided to achieve the goals outlined in the plan.