Start Here

Starting a new business — or taking your existing business to the next level — can be scary. Pulaski County Economic Development (PCED) is your one-stop shop to find financing opportunities, free consulting services, and an easy guide to all of the required State filings. Plus, we can help you to navigate zoning and development guidelines and more. Drop us a line to get the ball rolling on your new venture.

Pulaski County is an entrepreneurial community, with many of our largest employers having grown out of garages and workshops right here in the heart of rural northwest Indiana. It’s our job to help you to keep that risk-taking spirit alive! To learn more about incentives, financial assistance, and technical assistance that may be available to you, check this out.

The Indiana Secretary of State’s Business Services Division and the State’s interdepartmental INBiz one-stop source for you business provide a wealth of information and all of the forms that you need to file to be right with the State.

Find zoning and other land-use regulations for Winamac, Medaryvile, Monterey, and most of Pulaski County here. (It’s not as imposing as it looks, and we and the staff of the Building, Planning, and Zoning Office can make sense of it for you.) PCED can also assist you in taking a look at Francesville’s zoning ordinance. You can find County zoning-change, variance, special-exception, and improvement location applications/permits here.

Your business is going to need appropriate utilities. You’ll find the contact information that you need here.

Once you’re up and running, getting involved in Winamac or Francesville’s Main Street organization, or possibly joining the local Chamber, could be a great next step for getting your name out there and building relationship if you’re in retail or services. If you’re a manufacturer, contact us to learn about the Pulaski County Industrial Forum.

Don’t hesitate to contact Pulaski County Economic Development. We’re here to help you to diversify our entrepreneurial home!